NOW – short for New Opportunities Wirksworth is the trade name of Wirksworth Regeneration and Development Board – a company limited by guarantee.
NOW exists to regenerate and boost the economy of Wirksworth and surrounding areas.. In order to achieve this, the Board attempts to:
- Recognise the strengths of the town and ensure that our aspirations grow and develop.
- Provide opportunities and support for new and existing creative industries
- Establish and develop links with local traders and other enterprises
Develop methods and seek funding to attract and incubate enterprises of quality
- Facilitate training and employment opportunities
- Encourage and develop Wirksworth’s cultural, creative and artistic reputation already achieved elsewhere as a result of the annual Festival
- Produce a pride in this success amongst the townspeople themselves by skilful public relations
- Participate in the regeneration of declining public facilities appropriate to these aims.
NOW is proud of the regeneration achievements already attained such as Broadband, the Skateboard Park and our monthly Farmers’ Market .
NOW works in close partnerships with the Town, District and County Councils. Contact Alison Clamp, email: email@example.com
Updated June 2018