- October 20, 2018
- 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Wirksworth Wizarding Day – enjoying Harry Potter Day
Dust off your spell books, wiggle your wands and shake out your robes.
On 20 October Wirksworth becomes Hogsmead for the day.
- Expect a day rammed with activities, stalls and events.
- Dress for the occasion – there’s a prize for best Fancy Dress.
- Expect potions and wandmaking, quidditch, herbology, charms.
- Visit the Memorial Hall for Harry Potter themed craft stalls and activities.
- Take a trip on the Knight Bus, click a photo with an Owl.
- St Mary’s Church hosts the house dormitories for the Horcrux Hunt, led by the Wirksworth Carnival and sponsored by Technolog.
- Wirksworth Scouts are planning a shop-window treasure hunt and family quiz.
- Mount Cook will be running broomstick making and racing in Stoney Wood, and you can take in a film at Northern Light Cinema.
Keen on Quidditch?
Get training with Wirksworth Colts for the Tournament.
Not a player? Paint your face, make a flag and practice cheering on your team.
Or take a leaf out of Hermione’s book and head to the library for storytelling in the morning.
The day features the launch of The Boy Who Lived, Wirksworth’s very own pop-up shop of official Harry Potter merchandise.
Take a break for on-theme refreshments from Wirksworth’s cafes and street vendors, including Potion cocktails, Butter Beer specials, pumpkin pasties and more.
More details here – https://wirksworthwizardingday.wordpress.com
We are raising funds for Aquabox, Barnados, the 10th Matlock (1st Wirksworth) Scouts, Stoney Wood, Wirksworth Colts junior football team, Wirksworth Carnival and Woodie’s Wings Parrot and Owl Rescue Centre.
The day is a community event brought to you by Wirksworth Traders Association, Wirksworth Colts, 10th Matlock (1st Wirksworth) Scouts, Wirksworth Carnival Committee, Northern Light Cinema, Wirksworth Library, Mount Cook Activity Centre, Mercia, Feather Star, Hope & Anchor, Sour Cow, Two Wolves Gifts, Traid Links and inHeritage.
If you’re coming from out of town we will have limited edge-of-town Park & Ride carparks at Haarlem Mill and Ravenstor Industrial Estate. Details of how to book a parking place will be announced on the website by September. Each parking space gives unlimited rides on our very own Knight Bus, a similar London red double-decker bus that was adapted for the film of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
The Wirksworth Wizarding Day is a fan-created non-profit event to celebrate the spirit and theme of Harry Potter and promote our local community and its arts. Warner Bros. Entertainment and JK Rowling are not associated with or responsible for the day in any way.