- August 12, 2017 - August 13, 2017
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wirksworth Railway Station
Diesel Locomotive Weekend – Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th August 2017
The perfect weekend for the diesel enthusiasts, featuring our intense timetable and an evening special on the Saturday.
About this Event
Enjoy our intense Orange Timetable throughout the weekend featuring visiting Class 26 D5343 alongside Class 31 31206 and Class 33103 in various combinations. Travel the fearsome 1 in 27 incline to Ravenstor and pre-book yourself on to our Saturday evening fish and chip special. There will be a bar and refreshments on the train too!
- British Railways Class 26 D5343 Visiting for August, this Class 26 makes her debut this weekend.
- British Railways Class 31 31206 This popular Class 31 will feature at the event.
- British Railways Class 33 33103 “Swordfish” A fellow Sulzer!
Fish and Chip Special
Saturday Evening – 18:15 from Wirksworth
This special pre-bookable run will feature all three locomotives on one train and include a service of fish and chips on arrival at Duffield. Tickets are priced at £6.00 for valid Day Rover holders or £12.00 for visitors just wishing to enjoy the evening only. Any remaining tickets will be available until 16:00 on the day.