- August 26, 2017 - August 28, 2017
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wirksworth Railway Station
1950s Bank Holiday Weekend
Sample what life was like in the 1950s when some of our trains were new!
This special event has displays, period menus in the Pullman Buffet and music to entertain you. There will also be our popular Murder Mystery Evening Land Cruise on the Saturday evening.
About this 1950s Event
Come to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and travel back to the 1950s with this Bank Holiday Weekend event.
- Steam trains between Wirksworth and Duffield are running to the Yellow Timetable on Saturday and Sunday.
- Steam and heritage diesel trains between Wirksworth and Duffield are running to the Orange Timetable on Monday. The diesel services will be the even-hour departures from Wirksworth (odd from Duffeld) and the steam services will be the odd-hour departures from Wirksworth (even from Duffield).
- Steam trains between Wirksworth and Ravenstor are running hourly (supplement applies)
- Get into period costume and receive £2.00 off your Day Rover ticket (walk up fare only; costume dress is encouraged but not a necessity)
- Live Jazz music on the platform at Wirksworth
- Various displays of objects, adverts and even classic vehicles. The carbolic soap is at the ready!
Enjoy a Ploughman’s Lunch on board the train on Sunday 27th! Click here for more details and to book.